Goodwill Wine is a brand literally built by the generosity of Australians. And it pays that generosity forward giving 50% of all profits to various charities. As a brand, Goodwill Wine lives out its mission in everything it does, combining good wine with good causes.
The company came to be when founder David Laity lost almost everything in the 2009 Black Saturday fires. Inspired by the generosity of Australians who as he says, 'dropped into donation tins around the country', Goodwill Wine was born.
And in the decade since, they've donated more than $375,000 to various Australian charities.
But it's not just the literal goodwill I love about this brand, it's the goodwill in its tone of voice, content messaging and packaging.
With an Instagram feed filled with feel-good photos and fun-loving memes, and inspirational wine label messages, including, You're Freaking Awesome, Thanks for Being Amazing and The World Needs More of You, it's super clear this brand is all about doing and feeling good.
And the wines are delicious, too!
Why I love it:
- What's not to love?
- It's all about giving back in a fun, real and clearly authentic way
- It's a human story; though most of us will never experience what David Laity and other bushfire victims have, we connect to the humanity of it
- It uses a strong, consistent brand voice to support the company's mission and promise
- The message of doing good permeates throughout the operation with the use of recycled cartons and carbon offsets for freight
- They make it almost impossible for you to walk away with a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee
- It's an interactive experience allowing buyers to choose which charity to support with their purchase
I've just ordered a mixed dozen with the donation for my purchase going to Puddle Jumpers, a charity based in my local area.
Losing most of what you own only highlighted to me what was important in life. We are not here for very long and it reinforced for me that it is how we choose to treat others that makes this life worth living.
Goodwill Wine is a feel-good story in what can often seem like a feel-bad time. And I think they very much deserve this week's Standing Ovation.